Mark Premo-Hopkins is a litigation associate with the firm.
Mark focuses his practice on representing plaintiffs in mass tort proceedings, and handling complex civil litigation matters. Mark has experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in all stages of litigation leading up to and including trial, as well as handling post-trial and appellate work for his clients.
Matters that are representative of Mark’s practice include:
- Represents hundreds of plaintiffs in multiple mass tort litigations against pharmaceutical manufacturers including: In re Zoloft Products Liability Litigation in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania; In re Topamax Litigation in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas; and numerous other cases around the country involving drugs such as Prozac, Paxil, Celexa, and Lexapro.
- When a group of automobile dealerships faced a purported class action claiming that new cars were equipped in violation of the Colorado Consumer Protection Act, it hired Reilly Pozner to defend its interests. After winning landmark reversals at the Colorado Court of Appeals and Supreme Court of the trial court’s initial approval of class treatment, the firm defeated Plaintiffs’ second attempt at class certification in the trial court.
- Represented hedge fund during preliminary injunction and arbitration proceedings against former employees for breach of employment agreements and theft of trade secrets. Successfully obtained injunctive relief as well as millions of dollars in monetary sanctions for intentional spoliation of evidence.
- Represented national pharmaceutical manufacturer in consolidated mass tort proceedings involving hundreds of cases related to blood thinning drug, heparin. Representation included only exemplar case tried to verdict.
- Represented large accounting firm at trial involving allegations that accounting firm was negligent for failing to discover fraud carried out by plaintiff’s former CFO. Jury returned a complete defense verdict, including on client’s counterclaims for fees and costs.
- Represented chemical manufacturer in case regarding alleged groundwater contamination. After a five-week trial in Louisiana state court, the court rejected plaintiffs’ requests for additional remediation as unnecessary.
Prior to joining Reilly Pozner, Mark practiced in the Chicago office of Kirkland & Ellis, where he gained substantial trial experience representing a diverse group of clients in large civil matters. Before entering private practice, Mark served as judicial clerk to the Hon. Emilio M. Garza of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
| Practice Areas|
- Complex Commercial and Civil Litigation
- J.D., University of Chicago Law School, with honors
Editor-in-Chief, University of Chicago Legal Forum
Donald E. Egan Scholarship
Ann Watson Barber Outstanding Service Award
- University of Alabama
B.A. magna cum laude
Double major: Communication Studies & Religious Studies
- Hon. Emilio M. Garza, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
| || Bar & Court Admissions|
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
| || Recognition|
- Rising Star by Colorado Super Lawyers® (2014)
| || Presentations & Publications|
- Pharmaceutical Mass Tort Cases: Key Issues from a Plaintiff Perspective, 31st Annual National CLE Conference sponsored by the Law Education Institute, Inc. (January 2014)
- Trial Tactics, University of Colorado Law School (2013)
- SSRI Birth Defect Litigation, American Association for Justice (2013)
| || Professional Memberships|
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
| || Media|