Lindsay focuses her practice on civil and commercial litigation. Before entering private practice, she interned for the Hon. John L. Kane, Jr., of the U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, and for the Colorado Public Defender’s office. In these assignments, she gained valuable research and writing experience as well as exposure to diverse areas of civil and criminal law.
Lindsay holds her law degree from the University of Colorado School of Law, where she was an associate editor for the Colorado Law Review and a participant in the Indian Law Clinic. She earned an undergraduate degree in political science and history from the University of Colorado.
Lindsay has an active pro bono practice and is a member of the Colorado Lawyers Committee’s Homeless ID and Mental Health Task Forces. She was awarded the Colorado Lawyers Committee’s Community Contribution Award in 2007, and in 2008, she was nominated for the Colorado Lawyers Committee’s Individual of the Year Award.
In 2010, Lindsay and other Colorado attorneys were awarded the Colorado Lawyers Committee 2009 Task Force of the Year award for their work on the Homeless ID Task Force. Additionally, she was named to the Rising Stars list by Colorado Super Lawyers® Magazine in 2010, 2012 and 2013.
Lindsay is on the trial team for these cases:
- When Lincoln Memorial Life Insurance Company, Memorial Service Life Insurance Company, and National Prearranged Services, Inc. went into liquidation, life and health insurance guaranty associations from 44 states stepped in to pay death benefits under insurance policies issued by the failed companies. These life insurance policies purportedly backed the prepaid funeral contracts sold through National Prearranged Services. Reilly Pozner represents the National Organization of Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Associations, various state life and health insurance guaranty associations, and a Texas Special Deputy Receiver in a multi-state effort to recover more than $600 million in losses from various individuals and entities that allegedly perpetrated a variety of frauds associated with the failed companies.
- Reilly Pozner defended one of Colorado’s leading oil and gas companies in a class action royalty dispute involving numerous, complex legal and scientific issues.
- In the highly-competitive financial services industry, the risk unfair competition is ever-present. Our client, The Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company, proactively protects its business and trade secrets from efforts of competitors, including former employees, to gain an unfair advantage. Reilly Pozner is national counsel for VALIC’s unfair competition docket, and through the skillful use of temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions, has helped VALIC maintain its status as an industry leader. Lindsay and Reilly Pozner also represent VALIC affiliates in other intellectual property, contract, unfair competition, and insurance coverage cases, as well as arbitration proceedings before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority or FINRA.
- In 2010, the Colorado Public Employees’ Retirement Association was sued in a purported class action by retirees claiming that the Colorado General Assembly’s modification of a cost of living adjustment is unconstitutional. The General Assembly’s modification of the COLA provision is necessary to remedy underfunding of the PERA pension system due to the impact of the economic collapse of 2008 and because of COLA payments in the 2000s that significantly outpaced inflation. Similar funding shortfalls are facing public pension systems throughout the country and this case is receiving national attention as it will be one of the first to provide guidance on these issues.
| Practice Areas|
- J.D., University of Colorado School of Law, 2004
- B.A., University of Colorado, 1999
| || Bar & Court Admissions|
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
| || Recognition|
- Award of Special Recognition from the Colorado Lawyers Committee (2013)
- Rising Star by Colorado Super Lawyers® (2010, 2012, 2013)
- Recipient, Colorado Lawyers Committee‘s Task Force of the Year Award (2009)
- Nominee, Colorado Lawyers Committee‘s Individual of the Year Award (2008)
- Recipient, Colorado Lawyers Committee‘s Community Contribution Award (2007)
| || Professional Memberships|
| || Media|